Member, Board of Trustees, GIoCT || Professor of Autonomous Systems and Control, Cranfield University || Head of the Centre for Autonomous and Cyber-Physical Systems, Cranfield University || Director of Research – Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing, Cranfield University
Antonios Tsourdos is Director of Research, School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing and member of the University Executive at Cranfield University. He is an academic who has contributed to the autonomous systems and control field for over 25 years. He completed his PhD in Nonlinear Robust Autopilot Design and Analysis at Cranfield University in 1999 and has been a member of the faculty since then. He started as a lecturer and was later appointed Head of the Autonomous Systems Group in 2007. In 2009, he was awarded the title of Professor of Autonomous Systems and Control and now heads the Centre for Autonomous and Cyber-Physical Systems.
With his achievements in research and expertise in the field, in September 2015, Antonios was appointed the Director of Research for the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing. Additionally, Antonios is the Proceedings of the Editorial Board of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering; International Journal of Systems Science; Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, and Aerospace Science and Technology.
Moreover, Antonios is actively involved in the global academic community, serving as the vice-chair of the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC) Technical Committee on Aerospace Control. He is also a member of the IFAC Technical Committees on Networked Systems, Discrete Event and Hybrid Systems, and Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles.
- Li D, Ignatyev D, Tsourdos A & Wang Z (2023) Estimation of non-symmetric and unbounded region of attraction using shifted shape function and R-composition, ISA Transactions, 136 (May) 308-322.
- Espinós Longa M, Tsourdos A & Inalhan G (2023) Swarm intelligence in cooperative environments: n-step dynamic tree search algorithm overview, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, Available online 3 May 2023.
- Sun X, Chai R, Chai S, Zhang B & Tsourdos A (2023) Flexible final-time stochastic differential dynamic programming for autonomous vehicle trajectory optimization, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Available online 29 May 2023.
- Al-Rubaye S, Tsourdos A & Kamesh N (2023) Advanced air mobility operation and infrastructure for sustainable connected eVTOL vehicle, Drones, 7 (5) Article No. 319.
- Zhang R, Chai R, Chai S, Xia Y & Tsourdos A (2023) Design and practical implementation of a high efficiency two-layer trajectory planning method for AGV, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Available online 06 March 2023.
- Li C, Sun SC, Wei Z, Tsourdos A & Guo W (2023) Scarce data driven deep learning of drones via generalized data distribution space, Neural Computing and Applications, Available online 06 April 2023. Dataset/s: 10.6084/m9.figshare.21905094.
- Oreg Zs, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2023) Analysis of the traffic conflict situation for speed probability distributions, The Aeronautical Journal, Available online 30 March 2023.
- Liu R, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2023) Edge-enhanced attentions for drone delivery in presence of winds and recharging stations, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, 20 (4) 216-228.
- Bae S, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2023) Structured urban airspace capacity analysis: four drone delivery cases, Applied Sciences, 13 (6) Article No. 3833.
- Oreg Z, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2023) On the underlying dynamics of traffic conflicts related to stochastic behaviour, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 237 (5) 1078-1093.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2023) Sparse online Gaussian process adaptation for incremental backstepping flight control, Aerospace Science and Technology, 136 (May) Article No. 108157.
- Huang C, Petrunin I & Tsourdos A (2023) Strategic conflict management using recurrent multi-agent reinforcement learning for urban air mobility operations considering uncertainties, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 107 (2) Article No. 20.
- Dhami HS, Ignatyev D & Tsourdos A (2022) Semantic segmentation based mapping systems for the safe and precise landing of flying vehicles, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 55 (22) 310-315.
- Shin H-S, Li T, Lee H-I & Tsourdos A (2022) Sample greedy based task allocation for multiple robot systems, Swarm Intelligence, 16 (3) 233-260.
- Deane S, Avdelidis NP, Ibarra-Castanedo C, Williamson AA, Withers S, Zolotas A, Maldague XPV, Ahmadi M, Pant S, Genest M, Rabearivelo HA & Tsourdos A (2022) Development of a thermal excitation source used in an active thermographic UAV platform, Quantitative InfraRed Thermography Journal, Available online 03 June 2022. Dataset/s: 10.17862/Cranfield.rd.16411203.
- Mondal S & Tsourdos A (2022) Neuro-adaptive augmented distributed nonlinear dynamic inversion for consensus of nonlinear agents with unknown external disturbance, Scientific Reports, 12 (1) Article No. 2049.
- Xie Y, He S, Savvaris A, Tsourdos A, Zhang D & Xie A (2022) Convexification in energy optimization of a hybrid electric propulsion system for aerial vehicles, Aerospace Science and Technology, 123 (April) Article No. 107509.
- Chai R, Tsourdos A, Savvaris A, Chai S, Xia Y & Chen CP (2022) Design and implementation of deep neural network-based control for automatic parking maneuver process, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 33 (4) 1400-1413.
- Li C, Tsourdos A & Guo W (2022) A transistor operations model for deep learning energy consumption scaling law, IEEE Transactions on Artificial Intelligence, Available online 14 December 2022.
- Mondal S & Tsourdos A (2022) Consensus tracking of nonlinear agents using distributed nonlinear dynamic inversion with switching leader-follower connection, Sensors, 22 (23) Article No. 9537.
Sun X, Zhang B, Chai R, Tsourdos A & Chai S (2022) UAV trajectory optimization using chance-constrained second-order cone programming, Aerospace Science and Technology, 121 (February) Article No. 107283.
- Lee HI, Shin HS & Tsourdos A (2022) A probabilistic–geometric approach for UAV detection and avoidance systems, Sensors, 22 (23) Article No. 9230.
- Chai R, Tsourdos A, Chai S, Xia Y, Savvaris A & Chen CLP (2022) Multiphase Overtaking Maneuver Planning for Autonomous Ground Vehicles Via a Desensitized Trajectory Optimization Approach, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Available online 19 April 2022.
- He Y, Ren Y, Zhou Z, Mumtaz S, Al-Rubaye S, Tsourdos A & Dobre OA (2022) Two-timescale resource allocation for automated networks in IIoT, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 21 (10) 7881-7896.
- Li D, Tsourdos A, Wang Z & Ignatyev D (2022) Nonlinear analysis for wing-rock system with adaptive control, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 45 (11) 2174-2181.
Mondal S & Tsourdos A (2022) Fault-tolerant consensus of nonlinear agents considering switching topology in the presence of communication noise, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 236 (13) 2776-2787.
- Chai R, Tsourdos A, Gao H, Chai S & Xia Y (2022) Attitude tracking control for reentry vehicles using centralised robust model predictive control, Automatica, 145 (November) Article No. 110561.
- Li K, Bai Z, Shin H-S, Tsourdos A & Tahk M-J (2022) Capturability of 3D RTPN guidance law against true-arbitrarily maneuvering target with maneuverability limitation, Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, 35 (7) 75-90.
- Espinos Longa M, Tsourdos A & Inalhan G (2022) Human–machine network through bio‑inspired decentralized swarm intelligence and heterogeneous teaming in SAR operations, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 105 (4) Article No. 88.
- Chai R, Liu D, Liu T, Tsourdos A, Xia Y & Chai S (2022) Deep learning-based trajectory planning and control for autonomous ground vehicle parking maneuver, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, Available online 23 June 2022.